Thursday, November 19, 2009

Traditions!

So we have a fun tradition in the Capital here in South Asia :) It all started with the Caskeys (in the pic on the left). They were pregnant with their first when they lived here in the Capital and she was ready for the baby to come, so our friend Mandy sang her a special "baby come out" song. Within 48 hours the baby was out :) (Right Kelley?). It worked for the Roberts too and just the mention of the song had me in the hospital having a baby :) haha! (OK, so I know it didn't have to do with the song, but it's still funny how it worked out!) So now it's become a tradition we sing to all pregnant moms that are ready to have their babies :)

The Caskeys and the Roberts got the opportunity to get together this week (the Caskeys had surgery on their unborn twins this week - check out their blog and please pray for them!!!) and they made this awesome picture for me and "sang" the song for me on Facebook :)
Baby Pop Rock... won't you come out?
Baby Pop Rock... You'll be so much fun!
Baby Pop Rock... You'll be number one in your family...
Oh Pop Rock Baby, Oh Pop Rock Baby

COME OUT BABY POP ROCK!!

Thanks guys! You guys ROCK!!!

7 comments:

Della said...

What wonderful friends!!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

totally!! :)

Kelley C said...

You are right. Mandy made up the song in tues night, my water broke wed night and she was born thurs morning. It's a pretty powerful song. I think you were singing it to me on my blog when I was in labor with #2 ( but you didn't know that at the time). Has it worked yet???

Emily said...

Come on, Baby Pop Rock!!!

You know, it also "worked" for Annabel. Remember, you sang it on my blog (and Jonathan and Mandy sang it on fb) and she was born that week.

The Houks said...

It worked for Caleb as well. She sang it at house fellowship on Sunday and he was born on Wednesday (two weeks early)!

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you know that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Heather[/url]

Anonymous said...

nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Nicole[/url]